The Certified Farm Financial Advisor
CFFA™ Designation Program
Running a farm business in these economic times can be high-risk due to circumstances beyond the farmer's
control; such as: commodity prices, crop yield, and the weather. However, with the help of a knowledgeable
financial advisor, there are many areas of finance that farmers can control.
Distinguish Yourself As A Farm Advisor
The Farm Financial Association (FFA) developed the Certified Farm Financial Advisor designation program
(CFFA™) to educate accountants, attorneys, bankers, consultants, financial planners, and insurance agents
in financial areas that most affect farmers. The certification covers the following seven financial areas:
- Farm Transition (Estate) Planning
- Tax Planning
- Cash Flow Planning
- Debt Planning
- College Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Insurance Planning
By successfully completing the CFFA™ certification program, advisors can gain credibility, instill
confidence in their farm clients, and differentiate themselves from other advisors. If you meet the pre-qualification
criteria, you can enroll today in this unique and valuable certification program.
Anyone interested in obtaining the CFFA™ designation must complete an application and must
meet certain pre-qualifying criteria before enrolling in the certification program. A combination
of education and experience in the following financial fields is considered by the FFA when
- Consultant (farm-related)
- Financial Planner
- Insurance Agent
- Investment Advisor
CFFA Designation Cost & Yearly Renewal
A CFFA designation cost is $697 and must be renewed every year. The renewal fee is $300 per year,
after the first year. To continue your yearly renewals, a designation holder must:
- Not be in violation of the CFFA™ Code of Ethics.
- Be current on your FFA renewal fee.
- Complete 24 hours of continuing education courses each year (beginning the year after your first renewal date).
Your CFFA™ designation and yearly renewals include:
- Access to all materials available on the FFA website, including money saving ideas library, newsletter
and all the implementation guides in the "PRODUCT" section of the FFA website.
- 24 hours of FREE Continuing Education credits (can be also used for CPA continuing education credits). A $300 value!
- Access to recorded webinars in the FFA Audio Library.
- CFFA™ Study Modules and additional reference materials in the FFA website.
- CFFA™ logo for your website, business cards, and letterhead.
- An impressive framed "Certification of Completion".
The CFFA Application and Certification Process
A CFFA™ candidate must 1) Complete an Application for Certification, 2) Pass a 100 question (90 minute)
open book examination, 3) Agree to abide by the CFFA™ Code of Ethics, and 4) Meet the 24 hour continuing
The Application for Certification asks each candidate to disclose whether they have been a party (or involved)
in any criminal, civil, governmental, or self-regulatory agency proceeding or inquiry.
The following conduct will bar a candidate from becoming certified:
- Felony conviction for theft, embezzlement, tax fraud, or other financial crimes
- Involuntary revocation of a financial or professional license or designation
- Felony conviction for any criminal activity (violent or non-violent)
- More than one personal or business bankruptcy
- A civil or criminal judgment for a financial service performed
Click here to download the CFFA Application
Please complete the application and fax it to 406-765-2060.
CFFA Program Outline
FAQ about CFFA Program
CFFA Code Of Ethics
Enroll in the CFFA Certification program